Friday, May 17, 2013

Long time, no Blogger...

Gads! has it been that long? To tell the truth, I can't seem to keep up with things sometimes. O well...

So, brief update. 

Quit job at Samuel & Co after 1 1/2 years. Loved the job, but was feeling generally dissatisfied with the requirements of the world of retail. Maybe if I had something invested in the company, but aside from a pay cheque... Um... No... Miss the people, coworkers and customers, miss seeing the new fashions as they come in. Do I miss spending money on them? No, I do not.

Being a smart cookie, I didn't quit the job until I had another lined up. I'm now working as a Hostess at the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at the St. John's Airport. Same people skills needed, no selling. Less pay. Boo. No tips. Double boo. I would LOVE to find a job that offers what this one does, plus great pay. It does offer benefits, though, so that's an advantage. And aside from the crazy 4am shift, it's really enjoyable. (FYI, yes, it's really f'ing dark at 4 in the morning.)

Um... Bought a scooter. Just picked it up today. It's a Suzuki Burgman 400. Paul drove it home from Argo Sales and Service on Topsail Road. They're a small company, but unlike the big Harley dealership, they didn't laugh at me when I called to ask about buying a scooter. 



Going to Italy in a week's time. Three weeks through lovely Italy with the girl child! (University graduate now!!!) I'm excited, and scared spitless. Pictures? Sure! Lol... 

The dogs are good. All three of them. The boyz are good. They're living on their own now. Together, but alone. As in, not with me. :) But they're good. As in, still among the living as of Mothers Day.

Re the plants, they're still alive, too. Although I'be passed them back to their foster mother for continued maintenance. I never did get around to watering them. Teehee... My bad.

Well, that's enough time on the damned computer. Gotta go look at my bike again. Maybe sit on it, turn on the ignition... Make vroom vroom noises... Don't laugh! I'm quite serious!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Wake up call

Wake up call
Sunrise over Torbay