Saturday, October 31, 2009

Where's the Easel?

In the old "puppy room" !!! Lucky us, we've got this entry-way on the side of the house that we never use for entry or egress. It's got a coat closet on one side and a heater on the other, a pair of ceiling lights that can be adjusted (if you stand on a ladder) and a pair of double-doors that open into the foyer. The only drawback to the room is that there's no electrical outlet in it. If I want additional light, I will have to import it via extension cord from another room. Oh well. A small price to pay for the pleasure of having my drawing and painting materials upstairs where everybody else hangs out.

Why is this a big deal to me? Well, it means I get to poke and prod at my drawing whenever I want without having to go all the way down to the basement. I can, for instance, be wandering from the kitchen to the living room, catch sight of my easel from the corner of my eye, and think "Hey! I should draw!" How cool is that, hm? Yeah. That's right. Way cool.

AND the other really good thing I'm doing is putting a small folding table in the living room so that I can put my sewing machine on it and do the exact same thing. Feel like sewing? Pull up a chair and sew. Done with sewing? Push in the chair and ... (this is the good part) ... WALK AWAY without cleaning it up first! That's awesome!

All these things can be done without leaving the companionable space on the main floor. EXCELLENT! Am I excited? Oh yes. I am. Very excited. yes yes yes... I've got these sewing projects to finish before Christmas!!

Back to the coal mines now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wake up call

Wake up call
Sunrise over Torbay